Sunday, February 5, 2012

I.E. Object doesn’t support this property or method – Javascript Error

Ok, I was coding some javascript for an intranet application and I kept getting this error: “Object doesn’t support this property or method”.  I was just using a button with an onclick event to call a function to close a record through a AJAX call. I reduced the function down to just an alert(”hello”) and still was getting this error.
Stepping forward to the issue, I was calling a function, “closeRec(var1,var2)” and had a form with an ‘id=”closeRec”.  For some reason, maybe a good reason, in IE this causes this very generic ERROR.  This is a case sensitive issue as ‘id=”CloseRec” does not initiate the error.
If you have a good explanation  for this error “Object doesn’t support this property or method” in IE please respond. (I Didn’t try FireFox)

http://www.javascriptjunkie.com/?p=12

No comments:

Post a Comment